RSS

News

Commercial Operations Intern

Position Title: Commercial Operations Intern

Department: Client Services, Marketing Services, & Public Relations

Reports to: Sr. Manager, Client services

Duration of Internship:
• Spring Semester: End of January 2012 – May 2012 (preferably post Indy 500)

Specific Duties:
• Produce Race Weekend Itineraries
• Act as on-site race weekend support staff to Andretti Autosport Client Services & Public Relations
• Assist Andretti Autosport Hospitality Staff on-site during race weekends
• Act as point of contact to select technical sponsors
• Assist with credential, hospitality, and ticket distribution
• Assist with needed pre-race weekend Public Relation needs
• Act as support staff for sponsor parties & shop events

Qualifications:
• Must be currently enrolled in college
• Ability to travel to one or two out of town races
• Ability to work select evenings and weekends (as needed)
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Ability to adapt to new environments
• Be motivated, self-starter with a good work ethic

Application Process:
• Please submit cover letter & resume to: CR@andrettiautosport.com
• Applications for Fall internship need to be submitted by August 1, 2011
• Applications for Spring internship need to be submitted by December 2, 2011

*Please note this internship is for college credit only and is an unpaid internship.

17 Responses to “Commercial Operations Intern”

1. Sebastian says:

Hi, my name is Sebastian and I´m from Argentina, I hava a degree in Mechanical Engineering and I´m doing some courses on RaceCar Design, Data Adquisition and 3D design… I want to know if there is chances to work with you some day. From now, thank you very much.
    Best regards.

2. Andretti Autosport says:

Hi Mitch… you can send in your resume at any time to the address above. We currently plan to have one intern per session, but it depends on the workload. Thanks!

3. Mitch says:

How far in advance am I allowed to submit an application? Of all the applications you receive how many actually get accepted?

4. Mitch says:

What is the schedule like for this internship? What are the hours like?

• Andretti Autosport says:

Hi Mitch,
      Thanks for the note. We typically ask interns to contribute 15-20 hours per week. As noted above, some weekend or evening work may be required due to races and special events. We can work with you regarding your schedule and any requirements you may have from your university.
      Let me know if you have any more questions!
      Thanks again,
      Kim

5. Kyle Huntington-Jones says:

I live in the United Kingdom and I’m currently studying an 18 month foundation degree in Motorsport Technology at Staffordshire University with the course finishing in January 2012. so far I have performed highly, achieving a minimum 2:1 in all my modules. I have successfully enrolled to start my second year at university studying a BSC hons in Automotive technology starting immediately after completing my current course.

With experience and technical certificates in the automotive industry, I have worked with race teams competing in endurance and sprint racing. I am interested in working in the United States as a personal ambition and to gain the experience in a different discipline within motorsport, working with an experienced race team.

I am enquiring about the requirements of a summer placement with your company and weather you have any schemes in place for international students regarding accommodation, funding and contact with the University.

Regards
    Kyle

6. Mark Mathe says:

Hello,
    I am currently a freshman Sports Administration major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. I would be extremely interested in this internship in the future. Do you believe this opportunity will be offered on a yearly basis or closer to my senior year of college? I believe this would be a perfect internship for me and would love to pursue it at the appropriate time. Any information you can give me would be appreciated.

Mark Mathe

• Andretti Autosport says:

Hi Mark!

Thanks for your note and interest. Yes, we do plan to offer the internship in the future. When you’re ready, feel free to send your resume to the email address provided.

Good luck with your first year!

Thanks again,
      Kim

7. Jason Marks says:

To whom it may concern,

My name is Jason. I have a trade qualification in boat and shipbuilding but specialilty was carbon fibre fabrication. I used to build the biggest and fastest racing yachts in the world using all forms and process of composite construction. I believe my skill set coupled with my keen eye for detail and a high level of interest in the sport would be advantageous for your business. I am looking for work within the motorsport field as a composite fabricator up to a level of leading hand of a construction crew.

I am currently located in Sydney Australia and am willing to travel and relocate for the right job.

Any assistance within your team or direction in the field would be appreciated.

Sincerly,

Jason Marks

8. Rebecca Falik says:

Hi there!

I just graduated from college in May, and I know that the description says that you must be currently enrolled in college, but I am a huge IndyCar fan, and would love the opportunity to work with you, even if this position is unavailable to me. I really would accept anything that you have, even if it is unpaid, and I’d be able to go to all races. I have some PR experience as well as experience with ticket sales. If there are any opportunities that I could possibly be considered for, I would be extremely appreciative if you could tell me to whom I could send my resume and cover letter to.

Thank you so much for your time!
    Rebecca

9. Scott Kostohryz says:

Dear Mr. Kevin Diamond,

Hello, My name is Scott Kostohryz. I am a Sophomore Mechanical Engineering student at Ohio University. I am a huge Indy Car fan and have always dreamed of the possibility of working with or around Indy Car, or other forms of racing. That is one reason I decided to go to school for Engineering. I am a very hardworking student and have a 3.7 and have currently taken 77 credit hours.
    I was hoping to get in contact with an engineer of Andretti Autosport that might create the possibility of an internship next year, for the 2012 racing season or anytime in the future. If I could work for the series, a team, or a manufacturer that would be a dream come true. I understand that it is early to begin talks for the next season but I figured that I should start as soon as I could. I will be at Mid-Ohio, for the Honda Indy 200, all three days, and if there were any way I could speak could speak with someone in person who could help make this a possibility, that would be great. I look forward to possibilities that could come in the future. Thank you for your time.

-Scott Kostohryz